Pages

(unattended) children at play

24 March 2012

Six whole obnoxious (basically the same) photos. 
A video probably would've been a more efficient waste of your time.
I think you'll live.

Thanks to a glorious summer in March, I've gotten into the bad habit of leaving Sebastian outside with only the company of his lap blanket while I make food, eat food, clean dishes, fold laundry, polish the silver, etc. He doesn't seem to mind but I'm sure the four neighboring houses with clear views of the abandoned babe start to question his mother's existence three hours into his tabletop sojourns.

My deep thoughts on matters of children's clothing storage were abruptly interrupted by an eruption of Sebastian's giggles the other day. I walked out to find Julia taunting him with one of her (always) naked baby dolls. Sebastian was obviously unimpressed and taught Julia the important lesson to never taunt a 4.92 month old because it isn't any fun. Just funny. 




*there is currently only a five pound weight difference betwixt little J and Mr. Clean, but I give Mr. C until July to easily surpass Sister Clean's weight class.

21 comments:

  1. I love that he loves to be outside. I wish my kids would've let me do that. I think I wanna squeeze him when we finally get to meet. I hope that's sometime when it's still age-appropriate to squeeze him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta be honest, him on the tabletop in the bumbo makes me SUPER nervous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cements my certitude to get a bumpo (bumbo?). Why, why, WHY weren't those things around five children earlier?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cari - you can have my bumbo! It's blue though, so if you have a girl, you'll just have to suck it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Evie hates the bumbo. Tries to use all of her body weight to fling herself out of it:/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your babes are beyond precious. They look like they're actually enjoying each other... it's a trick of the light right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone in our house loves the bumbo....particularly the kids who ought to be too big to sit in it but aren't. Or refuse to admit they are. It's a permanent fixture in the play room even sans tiny baby in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These pictures are darling!
    I had to chuckle over the 5 lb weight difference. Wowzers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  10. He seems like such a happy baby! And I am impressed that Julia doesn't try injure him in any way. If I give Regan half a second alone with Alexis she sits on top of her or pokes her in the eye! Glad they are getting along :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm all over the place, I'm sorry!

    Please don't tell me you leave the baby on the table top unattended? Bumbos are great until the baby leans so far forward they can't get up again (this time I'm buying the tray attachment once I get my Bumbo back from my sister).

    The kids are so precious. I love the way he's already teasing her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. Judging from the pictures that I'm guessing were taken by Grace (or a motion detecting robot), Sebastian is "unattended" by a space of about 10 feet.

      Delete
    2. That was what I was thinking, too, but then my brain was stricken by the bizarre paranoia that has come with this pregnancy! O.o

      Delete
  12. Well these photos are just sheer magic. It looks like they are fist pounding in the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I get that she might be near the bumbo but those are not designed to be placed on any elevated surface and unfortunately children have fractured their skulls from falling out of them. It's still your choice to place it on a table or not but personally I would never feel comfortable doing that.
    Also your children are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I put my kid in the bumbo on the table, too. Sometimes it's safer there then down low where one of the older babes can sit on them, poke their eyes out, pick their nose, or....do all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These pictures are looking alive with a grace of god.They are looking very adorable. Your children are looking like baby dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Bumbo is to be used on the floor only!

    ReplyDelete

 

Camp Patton © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger